Some of the finest benefits of AARP membership are the discounts you can receive on goods and services. AARP restaurant discounts are some of the best deals among those benefits. Here are our top restaurant choices on the AARP list:
Regional and Nationwide Restaurant Chains with AARP Discounts
Whether you’re in the Phoenix area or you’re on the road for business or a vacation, you want to make sure you make the most of your budget by taking advantage of your AARP discount. Put these fine restaurant chains at the top of your dining favorites’ list whether you’re in town or out.
- Bonefish Grill: If seafood’s your thing, you’ll love the tasty dishes at the Bonefish Grill. Don’t miss their signature Bang Bang shrimp—deep-fried tender shrimp drizzled with a spicy-sweet, yet creamy sauce and topped by chopped scallions. Try them by themselves or tucked into tacos for lunch. For your entrée, you’ll have a dilemma—with rainbow trout, luscious Chilean sea bass, or their classic favorite, Georges Bank Scallops and shrimp. For landlubbers, there are juicy steaks and their tasty Lily’s Chicken, served with tangy goat cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, and lemon basil sauce. Whatever you choose, pair your choice with a glass of wine or a cocktail from Bonefish’s extensive list. Save room for dessert because their dessert menu includes classic Key Lime pie, seasonal crème brulee, Jamaican coconut pie, and a macadamia brownie.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: Named after the fictional shrimping company from the film Forrest Gump, this seafood restaurant creates every dish from scratch—because after all, Mama always said, “Nothing tastes finer than when it’s fresh!” If you have a hefty appetite, try their signature platter—Forrest’s Seafood Feast. With delicious fried shrimp, hush puppies, hand-battered fish and chips, fries and an array of sauces, you’ll have plenty to eat there and a little to take home for a late-night snack. Non-seafood fans can select from a trio of steaks, as well as saucy baby back ribs. Lighter eaters should try the Grilled Seafood Trio, featuring their Bourbon Street mahi-mahi, shrimp New Orleans style, and their healthy shrimp and veggie skewer
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: If you love all things Italian, Carrabba’s is going to be one of your favorite haunts. From their weekday specials to their signature dishes, you’ll be sure to find something you love. With a wood-fire grill to add smoky flavor to their chicken, pork, and veal dishes and their 14-herb baste, their grilled dishes are sheer perfection! Try their Pollo Rosa Maria, a fire-grilled chicken filled with prosciutto and fontina cheese, and then slathered with mushrooms and Carrabba’s house basil lemon butter sauce. With steaks and chops grilled to order, as well as wood-fired pizzas, fresh seafood dishes, delicious pasta, a wide selection of beverages, and delectable desserts—cannoli, New York-style strawberry cheesecake, tiramisu, and more—you’ll be sure to satisfy your craving.
- Chart House: Part of a nationwide chain, Chart House’s Scottsdale location made the list of the Phoenix area’s top 10 seafood restaurants. With a special menu for gluten-sensitive individuals, Chart House goes out of its way to give all their customers a memorable meal. With an appetizer list that ranges from Mediterranean hummus to classic Oysters Rockefeller to their Hawaiian-inspired tuna poke bowl, chock food of noodles and healthy veggies, you’ll surely find something that fits the bill. For dinner, try their Halibut Del Mar, a symphony of pico de gallo and avocado, sided with garlic mashed potatoes—or one of their fine steaks if you’re not a seafood lover. A huge wine list—some of which you can choose to have poured from a Coravin—as well as an extensive cocktail list, allow you to choose the perfect beverage to pair with each course.
- Claim Jumper Restaurant & Saloon: An Old West theme promises hearty American fare—and Claim Jumper never disappoints. From its tangy barbecue chicken salad to its decadent nut-studded Chocolate Motherlode Cake—with six layers of chocolate goodness—Claim Jumper will stake its claim on your taste buds. Have the grandkids with you? Claim Jumper has a fine selection of kid-friendly foods to tempt even the pickiest of kids. Try them on Sundays for their bountiful brunch, served until 2:00 p.m. and featuring an omelet bar, carving station, pizza, pasta, traditional breakfast items, and south-of-the-border dishes—along with sparkling wine, mimosas, margaritas, bloody Marys and screwdrivers to wash it all down.
- Corner Bakery Café: The perfect spot for breakfast and lunch, the Corner Bakery Café is worth getting up for. With tender buttermilk pancakes, tasty bacon, and scrambled eggs served plain or stuffed full of veggies, you’ll never go away hungry. For lunch, try one of their fresh salads, signature sandwiches, or paninis. From their classic BBLT to their vegetarian panini—called the California Grill—there’s something for everyone. Get some of their cookies, rugalach, hand pies, or other bakery-fresh sweets to take home with you. After all, you deserve it!
- Denny’s: The classic American diner that has introduced homey Yankee dishes to countries all over the planet is still one of the best spots around—breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Fluffy pancakes, savory omelets, or their signature Slams—tasty platters for the hearty appetite—await you every morning—or all day long, since breakfast is an all-day affair here. Don’t forget the coffee—it’s classic Americana at its finest. Fresh salads, classic sandwiches, soups, burgers, and diner classics like meatloaf and slow-cooked pot roast give you plenty of lunch and dinner choices. The best thing about Denny’s—you’ll get a hefty 15% discount when you show your AARP card!
- Landry’s Seafood: Even though they’re best known for seafood, even red meat lovers can find something to please their palate at Landry’s Seafood. From their signature beer-battered fish and classic shrimp cocktail to their steaks, classic iceberg wedge salad, and po’ boy sandwiches, you’ll never go away hungry when you stop here for dinner. With a list of menu choices for those who are gluten-sensitive, as well as a tempting selection of desserts, including crème brulee, decadent bananas Foster, and tangy Key Lime pie, there’s something for everyone at Landry’s.
- Landry’s Inc. Restaurants: This huge conglomerate owns a long list of restaurants, including some that are already on this list. Those Phoenix-area Landry’s restaurants that aren’t on the list include Mastro’s, Joe’s Crab Shack, and Morton’s Steakhouse. Nationwide, there are even more. Use the link to find more of these AARP-friendly discounts wherever you go. Mastro’s—a sophisticated steak and seafood house featuring live entertainment—is the perfect date night or celebration destination, while Joe’s Crab Shack is beyond casual, taking a cue from the seafood shacks that dot the American coast with peel-and-eat shrimp, steampots, and other traditional seafood favorites. Morton’s Steakhouse will take you back in time to when steaks and chops ruled the dining scene, along with killer cocktails circa Mad Men. Old-fashioned sides like creamed spinach and Lyonnaise potatoes are still in style at Morton’s. Along with its menu, Morton’s has updated its selections to include dishes for soy- and gluten-sensitive patrons, as well as a few hearty sides that could stand in for entrees for vegetarians.
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room: Daily printed menus feature seafood flown in every day to ensure freshness. With only sustainably sourced seafood, you can enjoy every dish, knowing that you’ve done your part to preserve the world’s oceans. Appetizers feature a variety of selections from the world’s richest food cultures, with everything from down-home Cajun shrimp and grits to sophisticated escargots bourguignonne, with the tasty escargots slathered with burgundy butter and tucked into a melt-in-your-mouth puff pastry. For your entrée, they have a wide range of selections from New Zealand prawns to live Maine lobsters to Icelandic cod and rock shrimp—and everything in between. Not a seafood lover? No worries—they have prime steak cuts in a wide range of sizes for every appetite.
- Outback Steakhouse: With the tagline “Aussie Rules,” a word play on Australian rules football, you can expect an Australian-themed menu—which is exactly what you’ll get at this casual eatery. With a hearty list of favorites headlined by their signature “Bloomin’ Onion” appetizer, a whole battered onion cut so it spreads apart like a flower as it deep-fries, and served with a spicy dip, their portions are large enough for even the hungriest footballer. With juicy steaks and tender slow-roasted prime rib, as well as seafood and chops, this restaurant is a perfect choice when you’ve worked up an appetite at the pool or fitness studio. With 10% off when you show your AARP card, you’ll want to put this restaurant on your short list of casual favorites.
- Rainforest Café: Another themed restaurant, this eatery takes your tastebuds on a safari into the rainforest with menu items inspired by warm vacation destinations, including Hawaii, India, Italy, and everywhere south of the U.S. Border. From Bollywood chicken and shrimp tossed in a spicy curry to a tasty poke bowl, you can go on a trip around the world without even leaving home. Caribbean coconut shrimp, Cali street food like fish and shrimp tacos, as well as delicious fajitas and veggie Portofino pasta are all on the menu, along with a variety of salads and sandwiches to suit every taste. Classic American fare, dressed up with exotic names like Mojo Bones (ribs) and Jungle Steak ‘n Shrimp, is available as well, along with several vegetarian and vegan selections, to which meat lovers can add their favorite proteins. Allergy-friendly selections, too, are available. It’s a great choice if you have the grandkids with you. There are even dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets—which are sure to be a hit with your junior archaeologists! You’ll want to end your meal with their signature Sparkling Volcano Dessert, where a cascade of chocolate and caramel runs down the side of a brownie-and-ice cream mountain topped with delectable whipped cream. Large enough to share, it’s a showstopper as well as pure decadence in a dessert.
- Saltgrass Steak House: Billed as “Texas to the Bone,” Saltgrass Steak House has a tantalizing variety of prime chargrilled beef, all certified Angus for exquisite marbling and delicious taste. Seasoned with a special blend of spices designed to enhance the flavor of beef and topped with a drizzle of fresh garlic butter, you’ll be in steak heaven. Aside from beef, the restaurant offers a variety of poultry, seafood, juicy chops, barbecue baby backs, as well as salads—including the iconic wedge—perfect with steak—sandwiches, and burgers. Made from scratch, homemade beer bread, served steaming with honey butter atop is a treat you won’t want to miss. Soups and dressings, as well as their breads, are all made from scratch every day for perfect freshness. The ambiance is casual, with some drinks served in chunky mason jars and skillet dinners in cast iron pans. Starters include several innovative selections, including bacon-wrapped quail and the Cajun-inspired Seafood Fondeaux, with juicy crawfish and shrimp swimming in a blend of melted cheese, mushrooms, and spinach atop garlic bread. Whatever you select, save room for their signature Two-Fork Cheesecake—a thick, creamy homemade cheesecake topped with strawberries with a schmear of strawberry coulis underneath.
- sweetFrog Premium Frozen Yogurt: With a wide range of selections in nonfat, lowfat, and non-dairy, this yogurt shop is the ideal place to stop on a hot summer’s day. Nonfat selections include apple pie, blue cotton candy, cappuccino, cherry pie, and others; lowfat choices include birthday cake, decadent butter pecan pound cake, cake batter, chocolate, chocolate caramel turtle, and others, while non-dairy choices include acai berry, caramelized pineapple, Fruitopia, green apple sorbet, and more. With 15% off just for presenting your AARP card, what’s not to love?
When you go out on the town for dinner, it pays to go to places that reward you for a life well lived with special rates, like AARP restaurant discounts. If you love fine dining—and who doesn’t—you’ll want to take a look at the luxury senior living apartments at Park Terrace, where you can enjoy delicious chef-crafted meals every day of the year—all covered by your monthly rent. To learn more, contact the luxury lifestyle team at Park Terrace today.